Google Analytics offers interesting insights into the visitors to your blogs. For instance, I found that
- Most visitors to my food blog come in through google - While this may sound obvious, I personally had thought most visitors were my friends and family
- The most common search keyword was 'food review bangalore'. When I tried searching google using these keywords, I found that my blog shows up second in the listing.
- 50% of the visitors are repeat visitors
Here's a few things I'd love to see Google Analytics add:
- ability to get email alerts based on certain criteria - for instance, over 1000 visitors in a day
- ability to embed most commonly searched keywords from Analytics directly into the blog as a side pane